Secteur State Eurogroup Consulting
The Modernisation of Public Action: a new chapter in governmental reform
For many years, there have been ongoing efforts to modernise government. The basic aim is to implement public policy decisions more effectively, improve the quality of public services provided by the administration, and reduce public expenditure.
Since 2012, this fundamental reform has taken a new turn with the Modernisation of Public Action. The new orientation is structured around the following four main approaches.
Establishing a broader perimeter, that encompasses the state, with the reform of operators (including social-security bodies) and local authorities (linked to decentralisation).
Adopting a more participatory approach by involving agents and users on the basis of their expectations or their expression of potential lines of innovation in order to identify measures to improve public initiatives.
Focusing on the responsibilities of public operators. The aim here is to reverse the duty of initiative by asking ministries to draw up a strategic ‘Ministerial Programme of Modernisation and Simplification’ (PMSS) for the coming years.
Analysing the modernisation requirements in more detail and the final aims of public initiatives, through the broader systematic assessment of joint public policies, is a great task still to be undertaken.
L'offre Eurogroup Consulting - State Eurogroup Consulting
Planning of strategies and governance plans
- Developing ministerial modernisation and simplification projects.
- Drawing up service projects / central administration transformation projects.
- Creating, contracting and guiding operators (objectives and performance contracts).
- Improvement of reception.
- Administrative simplification.
- Organizational projects.
- Support-function performance.
Design of digital public services / e-administration
- New digital services for users.
Assessment of public policies
- Expressing needs, framing objectives.
- Leading participatory approaches.